Many of us want to buy and live in our own home, however there are certain things you should consider before deciding whether that home is the perfect one for you. The list below provides some ideas of what to think about before making a purchase:
- Do your research into the area/s you are interested in. Check the suburb information online and whether the area is in a ‘hot’ or ‘not’ zone.
- Location. Just because the home is close to shops or highways doesn’t mean it is the best location for you. Keep in mind what may happen in future to the area and if this may affect your way of living.
- Check out the surrounding suburbs. If the area you are looking at is a bit out of your price range the surrounding suburbs maybe more in your budget.
- Keep your eye on market trends and interest rates and when there may be less competition in the market.
- Talk to experts. It’s always a good idea to seek local agents and get their advice and opinions of the market. Sometimes you have to be patient and wait until the right opportunity arises.
- Show your interest early. Register with online real estate websites and local agency newsletters so you can be the first to receive updates on new listings.
- Monitor your local area. If you are planning to purchase in the same vicinity as you currently live in, then do a little research and see what price other houses are selling for, how they are marketed and how long they are taking before they sell. This will give you a bit of an indication as to how the market is behaving in your neighbourhood.
- Inspect carefully. Many buyers obviously want to sell their home, and some may try to cover up any flaws associate with the home. Make sure to check thoroughly and ask questions about the house if you are uncertain of anything.
If you ever need assistance with buying or selling property, please contact us today 1300 STOLAW.